Day After Chemo

Today is day 2 after chemo. Yesterday I had my third official round of Taxotere and Ulimpta infusion. This is the first official chemo that has shown on the Petscan to be working to stop the growth of the cancer and actually shrink the tumors. Debbie Meyers, my dance teacher from when I was younger in Park City came to be my caregiver for the week and was with me during chemo. She sat patiently as the chemo infused through my body. The time seemed to go by fast, probably because this was the first time that I have had company at CTCA during an infusion. I felt pretty good after chemo, which is pretty normal. We stopped by a furniture store that was going out of business and I ended up getting an awesome deal on a bedroom set for the guest bedroom. I guess it was about time that I get something for the other bedroom…now caregivers can actually put their clothes in a dresser instead of living out of a suitcase!

Today I woke up feeling extremely thirsty and exhausted. My phone seemed to be ringing off the hook this morning! Julie and Shannon stopped over for lunch and shortly after Whitney showed up (she is staying with me for the weekend). We drove back out to CTCA for my day after chemo shot “newlasta?” and to solidify my schedule for the next week. We ended up running into a friend Anna who went in for brain surgery last week. It was good to see her and know that she is okay. She actually looked amazing for going through brain surgery just a few days ago.

Tonight Cathy, Whitney and I got Thai food and rented movies. We went for a walk around the block…probably 10-15 minutes or so. I was so excited that my back wasn’t hurting and it felt good to be out strolling around in the beautiful weather. After Cathy left, Whitney and I went for another stroll around the block. I feel like I may be getting a little sick and run down. I think it just has to do with the fact that I haven’t been getting very good sleep lately and I’ve been really stressed out. I have no problem falling asleep, but then I wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep. I have been REALLY hungry as well when I do wake up. It’s the strangest thing. Anyway, I am just glad that so far I am feeling ok after chemo. Usually the side effects don’t hit too hard until the third or fourth day. Tomorrow will be judgement day. I am praying that I am not too nauseous. Whitney and I have some errands that we need to run and the Junior League care card discount is this weekend so we want to take advantage.

3 Responses to “Day After Chemo”

  1. Tamra says:

    Hey Miss! So glad to hear that you are up and about and enjoying some nice walks! Must be nice to be able to get fresh air, go shopping, etc. Just don’t wear yourself out okay girly girl!? Love you! (hopefully you have found a house for Thanksgiving)

  2. Christine says:

    Tell Anna and her husband I said “Hi” next time you see her :) Dude, babe, I feel like we’ve been playing phone tag for the past 2 weeks. Miss you and my Phoenix Cricket’s ;) Call if want/need. I looooooove you! XOXO

  3. Brian says:

    Melissa, wonderful news on the PetScan. Keep up the good spirits, and continue to stay focused on winning this battle. Everything else is secondary, and will work out on its own.


Leave a Reply

Home | Unexpected Journey | About Melissa | Blog | Photos/Video | Donations | Message Board | Resources | Warrior Gear | Events/Calendar | Site Map | Contact